Sunday, August 10, 2014

Things aren't always what they appear to be...

We have all heard the saying "things aren't always what they appear to be". I wanted to give some insight behind the name of my blog.

Unless you are a total recluse, we all know about the books "Fifty Shades of Grey". Yes I have read them and yes I absolutely could not put them down! Yes they are about sex and yes my grandmother is probably rolling in her grave right now knowing that I read erotica. LOL!

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE 2 WOMEN ON THIS EARTH THAT HAVE NOT YET READ THE FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BOOKS!!!! 

For those of us that love reading, a story is just never a story. We all interpret the story in our own way. For me, Fifty Shades of Grey was WAY more than sex. It is a true love story that epitomizes another saying that "opposites attract". The meek and timid school girl meets the rich man and they live happy ever after right? Not so much. They both have fears. They laugh. They cry. They worry. They make mistakes. They get angry. They are human.

Mr. Grey is a very complex character.  He uses sex and money to control his women. He is AMAZINGLY handsome and filthy rich! His past is full of tragedy, abandonment, abuse, and trust issues. The good looks and money are not who he is. Some may say he is certifiably insane.

Anastasia is a in all sense a "goody goody" and still a virgin. She is young, naive, and shy. She does not come from money and she is insecure. Some may she she is boring.



Erase all the sex (yes that is the good part) and the story is how two people jump out of their comfort zone and jump into life. He shows her a life that she has never seen (in and outside of the bedroom) and in return she shows him how to love, trust, and truly be happy. They are each others therapy in more ways than one. As the story develops, the relationship that once started out as a "challenge", became about more than passion. It became love. It became trust. They both became whole.

My blog is not about Sex! I am not who I appear to be. I am a little bit Christian Grey, and a little bit Anastasia Steele. The 39 is because that is the age I am when starting this journey. Pink is my favorite color.

39 Shades of Pink is all the parts of me. The good and the bad. I do have issues that need fixing. But I also have the determination of Christian Grey to go after what I want, and the innocence of Anastasia Steele that is naive and shy.  My hope is that in the end, my story will  also be about love, trust, and becoming whole.

With or without my Christian Grey. (hey a girl can dream right? LOL)






2 comments:

  1. Wendy ~ sister by choiceAugust 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM

    I love you! And you are conquering the hardest part of determining what you want in life... You are figuring out who you are!! Still amazingly proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete