Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"That Day"



We all have that one date that forever changed our lives….

August 6th. It’s just an ordinary day on the calendar for most. 20 years ago today, it was one of the best days of my life. 4 years ago today, it became the worst day of my life. 

2o years ago on August 6th, I was 19, young and in love-it was my wedding day. A girls wedding day is one of the happiest and most monumental days of her life (if you get married before you have kids).

4 years ago on August 6th, one of the most important people in my life died. Not only did he die, he committed suicide.
My marriage ended in divorce (my choice) and my friendship was gone (not my choice). Both are things I thought would last forever. 

August 6th became a day I always wanted to forget (by choice). August 6th is now a day I will never forget (not by choice). 

August 6th is my harsh reminder that life is not what we expect, choose, or plan for. I wish more than anything that August 6th would just be another day on the calendar. Instead it is the day on the calendar that is like the flashing sign that says “warning” “beware” or “danger”. As each year passes, I tell myself that this year will be different or this day will not hurt as much. 

A few weeks ago I met someone who was living a dream of mine…she was writing for a living. I have always wanted to write a book. I asked how she got started and she said “I just started”. Profound LOL! That night I went home and all of a sudden it hit me and before you know it I was crying myself to sleep. I was missing something in my life. I knew “that day” was coming soon. God spoke to me and said, this year make “that day” count. Don’t dread it, embrace it. So I decided to start a blog. I wanted to launch it on “that day” so someday I could remember this day as a day of a new beginning…not a terrible ending.

And so…39 shades of pink was born….

Thank you for reading and I look forward to sharing my journey with you

11 comments:

  1. Wendy ~ your sister by choice!August 6, 2014 at 6:43 AM

    I am so very blessed to know you and to have shared in each of these moments with you!! I am so excited for you as you begin this new adventure, this next chapter!! I love you and I am proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love you too! Today is a new chapter for you too. A pain free chapter :)

      Delete
  2. Honesty is the start of all great writing. It doesn't matter if it's poetry, fiction, nonfiction or blogging. You have a wonderful beginning here. Keep up the good work. The world needs your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I love you so much and always will...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you! Step1 get out of your safety box. Step2 take chances. Your life is what you make of it. Happy you are getting started on your new journey. Hugs to you beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hugs back at ya! Hopefully soon I will be writing about my big move! :)

      Delete
  5. I hope this new journey is healing for you. <3
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete