Monday, September 8, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.


My last post I talked out things I was excited for: Seahawks, Eagles, Sons, and a personal thing that was never disclosed. Like the stats from week one of football-here are the results.

The Good: The Legion of Boom killed it! The Eagles lost, but my boy kicked it good! FINALLY TOMORROW I get to see my favorite bad boys up on the TV screen! Fun times with family and friends.

The Bad: My personal thing didn't happen. I was once again disappointed and left feeling let down. I am still single and alone. I still have my same miserable job, and I still have the same bills that keep coming in the mail. My life still kinda sucks in some departments.

The Ugly: I let the bad stuff get to me and my fear, depression, anxiety, and lack of self esteem came rolling in. I felt ugly inside and out. My body and my heart hurt. I let the "why not me" creep back in. I cried. I ate. I slept. I drank (both water and alcohol lol). I snapped at my loved ones and I fought with people I care about most.


As I reflected on this last week, I didn't like that it was more bad and ugly than good. How do I change that? How do I change that? As I continue on this journey, I'm learning that some of the good and the bad are based on other people and how I let their actions or words affect me. The ugly...that's all me.

The Good: I noticed that all the Good are things I chose by myself, but may involve other people. I choose what I watch on TV. I choose to let my son participate in football. I choose to spend free time (the little bit I do have lol) with people that make me happy. Do more things that you choose Jennifer.

The Bad: These are things that I can control some of the time. I can decide to not get my hopes up too much about things. I can decide to not let people get to me. I can decide to work harder at paying down my debt because it wont go away on it's own. I can stop associating with people that continue to make me angry or disappointed, and I can start being more positive about my job because it doesn't look like that situation will change anytime soon. Let go of the things you can't control Jennifer.

The Ugly: These are things that only I control. These are the things in my head. This is the little voice of negativity that jumps right in when any of the bad stuff starts to happen. I'm the only one that can listen to the voice. I'm the only one that can change this. Stop listening to the voice Jennifer.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly are just a part of life. What we do with them changes us, shapes us, or breaks us.




1 comment: